Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Boxing




I LOVE trying new things and last night, for the first time ever, I tried boxing. I have to admit, I was a bit of a skeptic when I walked into Boxx LV. They promised I'd burn 1,000 calories in an hour - not since my days of spinning has anyone made such a bold promise! I was so skeptical, in fact, that I got up early yesterday morning and squeezed in some intervals on the treadmill. Big mistake. I was beat after the warm-up. The WARM-UP! Needless to say, an hour of drills, punching, jabbing, hooking and floor exercises left my muscles convulsing to the point that I could barely spoon dinner into my mouth when I got home. As for today...let's just say I'm avoiding staircases and any unnecessary walking.
Overall, my boxing adventure was a great experience, one that opened my eyes to a different area of fitness and gave me a new-found respect for all the men and women who seriously train for this sport - it's no joke. And while you won't see me on UFC anytime soon, I will definitely return every now and then just for the challenge of it (and, of course, the calorie burn!).

1 comments:

Elisabeth said...

your my million dollar inspiration, baby. love you!